Bedford Post Codes & Zip Codes List
|Location||City/District||States or Territories||States or Territories Abbrieviation||Postcode|
MAPS & LOCATION
Virginia state is a state in the southeastern part of the United State. Virginia state stretches from the Chesapeake Bay to the Appalachians , with an extended Atlantic coastline. Virginia state is one of the state among the 13 original colonies, that has historic landmarks including Monticello, founding father Thomas Jefferson’s iconic Charlottesville plantation. In Virginia state , there is a place called Jamestown Settlement and Colonial Williamsburg are living-history museums reenacting Colonial and Revolutionary-era life.
The Five Regions of Virginia
Virginia state is divided into 5 different Geographical Regions; The Tidewater Regio, The Blue Ridge Mountains Mountains, The Piedmont Region, The Valley & Ridge Region, and therefore the Appalachian Plateau Region. These regions have helped shape Virginia's history.
Facts about Virginia State
1. They Didn’t Start Out Growing Tobacco
Virginia was alleged to be a silk colony. After a fungus exhausted the trees that the worms prey on , they switched to tobacco.
2. William & Mary is that the Second Oldest College within the Country
Harvard is that the oldest.
3. Virginia Berthed the West Virginia & Kentucky
Kentucky and West Virginia were the cities carved out of Virginia land.
4. Around half The war Was Fought In Virginia
With the 2 capitals being Richmond and Washington, Virginia was an incredibly strategic point of the war.
5. the primary Thanksgiving Was In Virginia
It took place at Berkeley Plantation in Charles City, VA.
6. there's An Island Where Wild Ponies Have Roamed for hundreds of years
Each year they're herded from Assateague Island to Chincoteague Island.
United State Presidents have come from Virginia. No other state has had as many presidents.
Virginia state was named for England’s “Virgin Queen,” Elizabeth .The main crop of Virginia state is tobacco and lots of of the people that live there earn their living from the industry .
13. Jamestown, the primary of the first 13 Colonies was founded for the aim of silk cultivation. The Silk to be traded with the Court of King James. After the fungus called "blight fungus" destroyed the mulberry trees (silkworm food), sericulturist planted tobacco as a crop .
14. Jamestown was the primary English settlement within the U.S. it had been also the primary capital of Virginia.
Virginia is understood as “the birthplace of a nation”.
15. Arlington County was originally a part of "> a part of the ten-mile square parcel of land surveyed in 1791 to be part of Washington, DC. The U.S. The Congress gave back the portion of land to the “Commonwealth of Virginia” after a referendum among its citizens.
1st district of Virginia is: Rob Wittman (R) (since 2007) The 2nd district Virginia is: Elaine Luria (D) (since 2019) and the 3rd district of Virginia: Bobby Scott (D) (since 1993)
Virginia state flag includes the obverse of the seal against a blue background. Virginia state flag was adopted 1st when the American war started in April 1861, then it was readopted in 1912, and standardized by the overall Assembly in the month of February 1950.
People that own houses within the state of Virginia pay land tax rates that are well below the national average of 1.08%. In fact, Virginia state's average effective land tax rate is just 0.80%, which falls within the bottom half the state .