Brown Post Codes & Zip Codes List
MAPS & LOCATION
Illinois is a midwestern state bordering Indiana within the east and therefore the Mississippi within the west. Illinois state is Nicknamed marked by farmland, rolling hills, forests and wetlands. Chicago, one among the most important cities within the U.S, is within the northeast on the shores of Lake Michigan . It’s famous for its skyscrapers, like sleek, 1,451-ft. Willis Tower and the neo-Gothic Tribune Tower.
Facts About Illinois
1. The state of Illinois has 102 counties, primarily named after the early American leaders.
2. Illinois was the primary state to ratify the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, abolishing slavery on February 1, 1865.
3. The Sears Tower in Chicago is that the second tallest building in North America at 1,450 feet.
4. the primary modern skyscraper was inbuilt 1885 in Chicago, which is understood because the Home Insurance Building.
5. Although there are multiple statements on who invented the term, dessert “sundae”, Evanston, Illinois, claims to be where it originated from.
6. In the year 1899, a construction began underground in Chicago having the intention of creating telephone system . As construction continued, it became a narrow-gauge freight railroad, which became an important portal for the transportation of products throughout the country.
7. Illinois state has the 3rd highest number of personalized license plates in the country.
8. Did you recognize in Mount Pulaski, Illinois, it's illegal for boys (and only boys) to throw snowballs at trees?
9. Robert Pershing Wadlow, also referred to as the world’s tallest man, was born in Alton, Illinois and was last recorded in 1940 being 8’11”, weighing 491 pounds and wore a size 37 shoe.
10. Agricultural and forestry machinery producer, Deere , was founded in 1937 in Moline, Illinois.
11. Chicago is that the largest city in Illinois with a population of two ,720,546 people and ranks third within the country.
12. Disney was born in Chicago on December 5, 1901.
13. In Illinois state, there are 333 farms that grow corn(for popcorn) on 47,000 acres, making the state the third largest popcorn producer. Which explains why Illinois’ state snack is popcorn.
14. On the Saint Patrick’s Day, the Chicago River is always dyed green.
15. The Twinkies were invented on the 6 of April, 1930 in Schiller Park, Illinois by James Alexander Dewar.
How do I apply for Illinois Medicaid? To get more information on how to apply for Medicaid, you can please contact the Health Benefits Hotline at 1-800-843-6154. TTY users can call 855-889-4326.
The Illinois state flag consists of the seal of Illinois on a plain white background, with the word "Illinois" underneath the seal. The present seal that is used now was adopted in 1869, the flag bearing the central elements of the seal was adopted in 1915, and thus the word Illinois was added to the flag in 1970.
Illinois features a flat tax of 4.95%, which suggests everyone's income in Illinois is taxed at an equivalent rate by the state. No Illinois cities charge a neighborhood tax on top of the state tax , though.
The Illinois Department of Public Health Don't keep Marriage records , there is Division of important Records. Certified copies are only available at the county clerk within the county where the wedding occurred (see RESOURCES within the right-hand column and click on on List of County Clerks)