Autauga Post Codes & Zip Codes List
|Location||City/District||States or Territories||States or Territories Abbrieviation||Postcode|
MAPS & LOCATION
Alabama, US Description
Alabama is a southeastern state in the U.S.A that’s a home to a significant landmark from the American Civil Rights Movement. In the 1960s the city of Birmingham the 16th Street Baptist Church, now turned to a museum, was a protest headquarters. The church of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks Museum, that was dedicated to the activist, can be found now in the capital of Montgomery.
The state Alabama is also known as the "Heart of Dixie" and also known as the "Cotton State". The tree of the state is the longleaf pine, and the state flower is called the camellia. Alabama's capital is known as Montgomery. By population the largest city is Birmingham, which for for a long time has been the most industrialized city; and the largest city by land area is Huntsville.
Facts About Alabama:
1. Alabama is labelled as the only state in the U.S. to have a production of an alcoholic beverage as its official drink. Conecuh Ridge Whiskey officially called “Clyde May’s Alabama Style Whiskey” is a high quality aged moonshine whiskey and it's from Conecuh Ridge Distillery Inc. It was said to be the official “State Spirit” of Alabama by legThisislative resolution in 2004.
2. Alabama state does not have an officially nickname that is recognized like some other states does. Alabama state is known as the Yellowhammer state called after the state bird, the Heart of Dixie, and the Cotton State, but still it has no designated official nickname. To clarify this, here are the nicknames of Alabama’s four largest cities: Birmingham, "The Magic City or The Steel City"; "Huntsville, The Rocket City"; "Mobile,
3. The state Alabama is the first state to legalize Christmas as a holiday for the public. It was In 1836 that Alabama announced Christmas a legal holiday. Then the federal government later followed suit and declared December 25 a public holiday that is in 1870.
4. Alabama state is a home to the Tree That Owns Itself. Yes, there is indeed a tree that owns itself in Alabama. In Athens, Georgia,it is in record that a white oak in itself and the land it stands on. William Henry Jackson cleaved ownership to the tree in the early 1800s. Apparently Jackson’s fondness for the tree was cause of positive childhood memories and nostalgia and he wanted to do right by the tree.
5. The first rocket that sent man to the moon was designed in Alabama. Huntsville, Alabama, which also is called the RocFlighket Capital of the World. The Saturn V, the rocket that sent man to the moon, was made and designed in Huntsville.
6. Alabama is the only state in the U.S where all three ingredients needed to make iron and steel can be found in close area to each other. Alabama is the only state that is naturally blessed with iron iron and steel and has the ability to produce iron and steel with its own natural resources. And surprisingly it’s also is the only place in the whole world where all three ingredients needed to make steel can be found in close proximity to each other also. That is why it is known as the steel city,and the city of Birmingham is the only place in the world where all the ingredients for steel are found in the same place.